- Posted by
- Posted on
- June 13, 2017
As seen live with Chef Daniel on the P&O Food and Wine Cruise in June 2017.
The whole idea about a really good con carne is to smooth out the chilli and cook out the spices so you can smell and your taste it at it max potential that why the chocolate will help it perfectly.
If you want to turn in to nachos you can simply start with the chips in the oven 200 for a few min first then place you concarne over the top and sprinkle some cheese over the top of the concarne. Put it back in the oven till melted not coloured trust me easier to eat then lettuce tomatoes guacamole and sour cream enjoy.
"This content is part of the Service provided by Chef Daniel Pty Ltd and is subject to these Terms and Conditions: http://chefdaniel.com.au/terms-and-conditions/"
- Heat up a decent size pot and get it on a high heat
- Drizzle a decent amount of olive oil in the pot, placing in the diced onion and chopped chilli and really allow it to sweat out, don't breath it in to much, the chilli will make you cough
- Once the aromas are significant and the onions start to go a golden brown colour toss in the mince and all the spices allowing the mince to break down and cook then season the beef meat with salt to taste
- Once the meat and the chilli spices are all combined, and smelling amazing, add in tomato passatta and simmer for 20 min until it stars to get thick
- Add in the beans and stir in turn off the stove place in chocolate and mix in bit by bit
- Finish with coriander serve with corn chips on the side quick not place the chips in the oven for a few minutes at 200 degrees and they will stay nice and crunchy